Latest Instagrams
Thursday 13 July 2017

End of An Era


Twelve months ago I sat in Hong Kong airport and wrote this post, sleep deprived but full of uncontrollable excitement for the adventures which were awaiting me. Hours of travelling left, but more than half of it behind me, even the thought of another 10 hours sitting on in a cramped up plane couldn't dampen my mood. 

Twelve months on, I am sitting in Hong Kong airport writing this post. My year has come to an end way too quickly, 10 hours ago I turned my back on the best thing that ever happened to me. Gave my friends one last quick hug goodbye, walked through the gate and didn't let myself look back once, the idea of returning home fills me with pure terror, I feel like an idiot, I have never been as happy as I was in Sydney, travelling Australia, making amazing memories with my mates and I left just like that, I refused to let myself feel the emotion of leaving, because no one will ever understand the experience which I have had, the changes which I have gone through, no one else shares those memories except the few special people I made them with.

Australia was everything I imagined and more, I have fallen so hard in love with this beautifully, unique yet oddly familiar country. The people, the beaches, the animals everything has made me fall for this place which I am now putting miles between me and the sunny beaches of Sydney. I cant put into words how much I have learnt, grown and changed during this year. I never want to take any steps back to how I was before I left, because Australia has changed me only for the better and I will be eternally grateful for this.

Australia has stolen my heart, England no longer feels like home but a place where people and things that I love are. A place I must return to no matter how scared I am, because I need to see people, to show them how I’ve changed, I have wanted to cuddle my dog for twelve months and in 10 hours that will be exactly what I am doing. I can’t wait to give my parents a massive hug, and explain how thankful I am for everything they have done for me, for letting me follow my dreams and do whatever I want with my life. My best friend is going to have the surprise of her life when I walk through the door, days before I am supposed to return. I can’t wait to give all my beautiful friends massive hugs, tell them how much I missed them and hear all about their adventures. I cant wait to see my granny, to see her excitement of seeing me for the first time in a year to share all my amazing memories with her and to talk for hours. Coming home is bitter sweet, and the start of a new chapter for me.

I have had so many amazing experiences, seen so many beautiful places. My passion for travel has grown and grown, and I am bursting with content to produce for you guys. I want to share all of this on my own little space on the internet, I have missed blogging so much. I want to write about travel, lifestyle while still having beauty posts here and there. I can’t wait to show you this amazing country through my eyes, my life filled with travel is only just beginning.


So while this is one of the rawest posts I have ever written, I am in an emotional turmoil, this is just me spilling my heart. Stick around for the journey, the more exciting posts are yet to come.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins