Latest Instagrams
Friday 1 September 2017

How to Style a Little Black Dress


I find dressing 'up' usually difficult, a smart occasion with no clear dress code can throw me completely off. As a result of this, I have gathered a few go to pieces which I know I love and can style up or down. I brought this dress for I think about $20AUD (£12) from H&M ages ago, and it has since become my staple LBD. In this post I am sharing with you this outfit, as well some of my other favourite little black dresses and tips on how to style them.

As this dress is no longer available (sadly) I have linked similar little black dresses, throughout the post for you to have a browse of. Remember to scroll right for more.




Despite it being summer black tends to be my go to shade, although I do love bright colours a lot. This dress is unbelievably easy to wear, and completely summer appropriate as it's loose, light and airy. With the cinched waist, v neck and loose sleeves this dress flatters your body more than I could imagine. Giving me all the confidence when wearing it.

On this particular day I decided to wear this western style student belt, just to add some interest along with my old skool vans and my usual jewellery. My sunglasses are the style Electric Dreams.


How To Style...

There are some pieces that you buy, and wear only once for whatever reason. However I like to get a lot of wear out of my clothes, and buy staple items which I can style differently and wear over and over.

Accessorising

It can completely change the look of a simple dress, making a statement with a belt or jewellery can drastically change the entire outfit. Drawing the attention away from the dress itself, and people will instead focus on the more statement accessories. I love bold statement earrings, such as these ones.




A simple and effective way to accessories an outfit, and dress it up or down depending is with your shoes. My go to shoes, all day everyday, are trainers. I live in my Vans, Converse and New Balance. So of course these are my go to, if I can get away with them and I love them to dress down a dress which isn't something I feel most comfortable in. I really do struggle with dressing up. If you want to dress something down, a pair of clean white converse still look smart, you've made an effort without being dressy. Alternatively for a more dressed up look, heels are most peoples go to.

The thing I love about black dresses is, you can do whatever makeup you want. You don't have to worry about your makeup going with your outfit, because black goes with just about anything. I love to add something extra to a look by doing a bolder, glittery eye with pigments and brighter colours. Making more of a statement with my makeup than my dress.


Follow

3 comments:

Latest pins