Latest Instagrams
Friday 26 June 2015

Perfect Pair: MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick and Soar Lip Liner

That browny nude lip is what it's about at the moment. Thanks to the one and only Kylie Jenner of course, after picking up Velvet Teddy and loving it I decided to branch out to find the perfect pair to match it. There have been so many claims of different lip liners which are the ones and while both Soar and Whirl are next to impossible to come by I managed to snap up the last Soar Lip Liner and feel like its the one for me.

As much as I think that Kylie's lips look incredible, and now we all know that she had lip fillers so this lipstick isn't entirely accountable for all of that amazingness this lipstick does seem to do incredible things for your lips.
Using Soar lip liner originally to simple outline my lips you can create a very slight ombre lip effect as it is slightly darker, but to create a more long lasting effect I lined and completely filled in my lips and then went over the top with Velvet Teddy.
Currently my ultimate every day lipstick Velvet Teddy looks amazing on its own, but paired with Soar I think it really enhances the colour leaning it slightly more towards a pink undertone while still remaining firmly in the brown toned nude category. Using a lip liner enhances the longevity of the lipstick ensuring it stays in place all day.
What is your ultimate nude lipstick? What's your favourite lip liner and lipstick combo?
Follow

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved this lipstick look honey! You look insane and this combo is beautiful. I really want to try soar!! My fave nude lip combo is mac dervish lip liner and velvet teddy, they look so pretty together <3
    Thank you for sharing x

    Love Charlotte x
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous duo! I still haven't tried a mac lip liner! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need both of these in my life, they look so perfect together!
    Jodie xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab shade, I can never find it in store, always sold out, I will just need to keep hunting for it.

    Tasha xxx
    sincereblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg this shade looks GREAT on you!!! :) my favorite nude lipstick is Faux by mac. It's quite similar to velvet teddy but it's more pink! It's such a gorgeous shade. I'm obsessed

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful duo! Will definitely have to purchase both sometime soon!

    Lucy x

    www.thegirlontrend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this lipliner last week to pair with velvet teddy, it goes beautifully!!

    Hollie // hollieinwanderlust.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a dreamy combo! I might have to add Velvet Teddy to my collection, it's a stunning shade.

    Vanda x

    http://thelatelatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was this close to get Velvet Teddy but ended up with Kinda Sexy instead! Kind of regretting it right now, haha! xx

    thebeautyresidence.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a match made in heaven! I should of bought Velvet Teddy when i was last in a MAC store!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins