Latest Instagrams
Monday 22 February 2016

Makeup Geek Haul & Review

 Makeup Geek came to the UK, and everybody has been going for mad for it. So much so Beauty Bay actually sold out before I got a chance to buy any. I finally got round to purchasing them a few weeks ago and am so excited to share them with you all.

 I picked up three, and in all honesty I had no idea where to start there were so many shades which I wanted but I had just watched one of Rachel's videos and loved the look, so, as you do, I bought the ones she used so I could recreate it.
I can tell you the hype is completely worth it, completely! I want to own them all now, after trying just six.  They are so creamy, easy to blend and pigmented, everything you look for in an eyeshadow. The range of colours is also huge, with a foiled and duochrome range alongside the original range of shadows. I have one shimmery, and five matte shades purely by coincidence, although I do really love matte eyeshadows., although in my next order I will branch out and try more of a range of finishes. The shadows in pan form cost £4.95 for the original and duo chrome range, and the foiled shadows are £7.95. Remember to buy a Z palette also to hold all of your shadows in, I stupidly forgot and now have all these pan shadows still in their little packets.
Going left to right on the swatches, starting with my one and only shimmery shade I have Shimma Shimma is a metallic champagne, with warm undertones and a frost shimmery finish. Such impressive pay off, and the lasting power is incredible on all of these shadows.
Chickadee is a matte yellow orange, at first glance this seems like a very scary colour however it's much more versatile than you would expect. Works amazingly to warm up the crease, and blended out it makes a great transition colour.
Creme Brulee is described as a medium sand colour with a matte finish, again brilliant for the crease or as a transition colour. Very soft, and easy to blend without being powdery also looks amazing all over the lid.
Cocoa Bear a matte redish brown, has amazing pigmentation and such a beautiful shade. An essential for any warm toned smokey eye. Works well in the crease, for adding depth or all across the lid for a darker eye look.
Mocha is a deep matte brown, an essential in anyone's eyeshadow stash perfect for deepening the crease, a brown smokey eye. This shadow looks amazing worn alone lightly, but can be built up for a more intense, darker look.
Bitten described as a matte deep maroon red, looks amazing in the crease or all over the lid for a really deep dark look, with some black through the crease.

Overall I love all of the shades which I chose, and in fact have used all of them together in one look. These are all warm toned shades, which is something which I never used to gravitate towards however now I love them and will be purchasing some more in the near future I'm sure.

What are your favourite Makeup Geek Shadows?
Follow

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I have Bitten, Cocoa Bear & Creme Brule. I have just taken pictures of my full MUG Collection ready to post on Friday. I am obsessed with them.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see that post, I am loving reading everyone's MUG posts at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. These look SO beautiful, I'm so excited.

    Jess
    justthatgirlonline.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them if you haven't already xx

      Delete
  3. desperate to build up a z palette full of these, everyone seems to be going mad for them recently and i'm still yet to jump on the bandwagon!

    Blush and Blend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should give them a try, I just want to buy them all now! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Makeup Geek shadows- Mocha and Cocoa Bear are amazing crease shades!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I am loving the warm toned shades xx

      Delete
  5. I had no idea Make Up Geek was in the UK! I really want to try their stuff out.

    Rachel | www.currentlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Beauty Bay have loads of it stocked on their website xx

      Delete
  6. LOVE Make up geek - I got Grandstand recently and it is SO beautiful!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that on my list for my next order xx

      Delete
  7. I've been deliberating over colours but I'm pretty much set on most of these shades now...I'm intrigued by chickadee as like you say - it looks a little frightening!!
    Tori X | www.30plusandbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may look frightening but it is so easy to work with, just a tiny bit buffed through the crease is an amazing transition colour xx

      Delete
  8. I have Bitten and Cocoa Bear, and adore them both! I just ordered three more shades to finish up my first MUG palette this morning, I'm so excited to get them in the mail!

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting on deliveries is so exciting! I would love to see a post on them when they arrive xx

      Delete
  9. LOVE these shadows! i need to get my paws on them! love your post

    Shareena | www.forever-you.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can, you should! I love them so much xx

      Delete
  10. Love your photos!!

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins