Latest Instagrams
Saturday 20 February 2016

Budget Brush Cleaning

Brush cleaning is the bane of any beauty lovers life, an essential task which often gets pushed aside because of how time consuming and boring it can be. It is very important though, and after trying loads of different methods I have found two options which are both affordable, effective and quick options for cleaning your brushes.
Baby Shampoo is super gentle while still effective at cleaning as it is designed for babies, your brushes are left feeling soft and thoroughly clean. Costing next to nothing, for a huge bottle you'll be amazed how long it lasts and just how good it is. I use this how I would use any other brush shampoo. I have heard also for particularly stubborn brushes using some baby oil will break down the makeup, making it easier to get them squeaky clean.

Own Brand Soap may seem like an odd one, but stay with me here because this is the best thing I have ever  used for so many reasons, and is really worth a go. There was a sudden craze of solid brush cleaner, which were so overpriced. For 15p, this is worth a try. I have mine in a little soap holder just so its contained and doesn't slip everywhere when I'm cleaning my brushes. This has honestly made brush cleaning so much quicker, and easier and now I actually do it regularly. Swirling a damp brush around on the soap, massaging it in and then washing it off. As a result of it being so easy and mess free, I do it much more regularly and don't wait for a huge pile of brushes to build up making brush cleaning much less of a task.

I cannot recommend these more to you, honestly this has saved me so much time and means that my brushes are much more hygienic now.

What do you use to wash your brushes? Have you tried either of these?
Follow

11 comments:

  1. I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo it is the best thing ever for cleaning brushes!
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, why didn't I find out about this earlier? xx

      Delete
  2. You are not the first one that I have read recommending Johnson's Baby Shampoo! It will be my next purchase when I go to boots or superdrug for sure! xx

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on, but its so worth a try! xx

      Delete
  3. I used to use Johnson's Baby Shampoo for the longest time and then I opted to try the Beauty Blender Cleansing Solid and I wanna say that it quite possibly cleans better! The cleansing solid is actually quite easy to store as well so it's lasted me a long time as I don't use too many brushes regularly. Although when I run out I want to consider re-purchasing the baby shampoo as it is much more budget friendly.

    Cindy | www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or if you want a cheaper alternative to a solid brush cleanser the own brand soap works amazingly, and for 15p worth a try xx

      Delete
  4. I used to use this and have been using hand wash since I and out (don't judge me!). Thanks for reminding met pick some more of this stuff up, I love it!

    Made In The 1990s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of hand wash, but I would presume that it works the same xx

      Delete
  5. This is definitely going to save me some money! thankyou :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has for me, I haven't had to repurchase any yet but such a life saver xx

      Delete
  6. I just washed my brushes with the baby shampoo earlier today! I think I'll never use anything else, it's so cheap and works so well. I really should start my once-a-week brush cleaning routine again though.. xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins