Latest Instagrams
Wednesday 18 March 2015

Taking The Heat


I wouldn't say I am a massive straightener user, I don’t own any other hair style equipment so if I am going to do something it will be using my Babyliss Vintage Glamour Straighteners. It is so important to take good care of your hair if you are going to straighten it, or use any kind of heat on it. I see people who straighten their hair daily and it still looks amazing, how they do it I don’t know! These are the products which I have been using recently especially to try and keep my hair in the best condition after using heat.





Hair Masks- I have two, which I change up depending on what I’m feeling. The first is Take The Heat 3 minute miracle deep treatment fromAussie which I love it smells amazing and works wonders on my hair. It’s a conditioning mask and you just pop it on after you have shampooed and it leaves your hair so hydrated and soft. As well as helping to repair heat damaged hair it also contains heat protect in it, so its already preparing your hair for the heat and the first layer of protection. I also have this Macadamia Oil Extract Hair Treatment from Poundland, this isn’t so much tailored towards heat protecting but it is so good at rejuvenating my hair, adding moisture back in and generally putting it back into a slightly better condition. You know that feeling when your hair actually feels all healthy and soft- it does that!
Heat Protect Spray-  I use the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray, this is designed for wet or damp hair to use before heat styling to protect your hair as well as try and smooth and add shine. I also use this on dry hair, even though I am planning on buying something different to use which is specially designed for dry hair. Honestly I just bought this because it was on deal and I was in desperate need of some heat protect. It is good though, and although it doesn’t make a massive difference it does control a bit of the frizz.
Hair Brush- Of course my trusty tangle teezer, although I am not a massive hair brusher- it doesn’t really work well with my hair normally turns it into a massive frizzy mane, I do use this to help me when I’m straightening along with brushing the product through my hair. I also like to brush my hair when its wet because its easiest.
Finishing Touches- Trevor Sorbie Shine Oil, although it doesn’t protect my hair from much it does add that extra bit of shine as well as trying to control my unruly frizz a little bit more.


What do you use to protect your hair if you are using heat? Is there anything which you could recommend to me?
Follow

2 comments:

  1. I used to use Aussie ALL the time, it smells amazing! I definitely need to go back to using that as I use a different Tresemme spray and it doesn't seem to do as good a job :( Also, any shampoo bottle like Aussie that has jokes written on the back is a winner in my eyes haha!

    www.cakeydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love aussie, I need more stuff from there its always been so good xx

      Delete

Latest pins