Latest Instagrams
Tuesday 13 October 2015

Dark Lip Essentials

Dark Lip Season is officially upon us and I couldn't be happier. I know this can be a scary prospect, and we all know that dark lipsticks come with slight risks, lets be honest everyone fears a lipstick on your teeth kinda situation.
PREP || You need to make sure you have the best base possible before you begin, I always like to use a lip scrub, I know you can use an old toothbrush as well to lightly scrub your lips. Making them smooth and removing any dead skin. Personally the Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub is amazing, plus it tastes delicious.

LINE || If you want to ensure your lipstick stays in place, has a sharp edge and does not bleed. You need to make sure you line your lips to being. If you want to create more of an ombre lip look, you can choose a slightly darker colour line the edges and outer corners, making sure you blend it in with the lipstick you choose to apply. Personally I line around the edge, and then fill in the middle just in case the lipstick doesn't quite match up with the lip liner. However how you choose to line your lips is of course down to you.

FILL || Of course, the key to any lip look- the lipstick. With whatever lipstick of your choice, either straight from the bullet or you could use a lip brush. If you want to make sure it doesn't transfer you can put a piece of tissue between your lips and close your mouth, taking any spare lipstick off, and reducing the chance of transferring.

CONCEAL || To sharpen up the lipstick, correcting any mistakes you may of made and ensuring that there is no smudging. I use my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, with my brow line brush to go all the way around my lips. Leaving my lips to really stand out, looking crisp and sharp.

What are your favourite dark lipsticks? Do you have any other tips for wearing dark lips?
Follow

4 comments:

  1. Ahh thanks for sharing this !! definitely going to be trying how to do my lips this way

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. lip liner is key for dark lips. my favourites right now are from colourpop, in the shades tulle and guess. they're gorgeous!

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't be without my lip scrub to help prepare my lips! Lip liner is definitely a must too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lip liner is a must for dark lips. Always find my lipstick lasts so much longer with lip liners. Didn't realise Primark did lip liners either

    A Little Peep Into My Life

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins