Latest Instagrams
Tuesday 14 April 2015

MAC Currant Lip Liner

 I was in desperate need for a dark lip liner, so of course MAC was the obvious one to go for just because of the variety of shades which they have. I am no lip liner expert, and own about two but hardly ever wear them so I feel like this is quite a bold move on the lip liner front. However I've been trying and testing it and here is my feedback on Currant from MAC.

Starting with the packaging, it is simple matte black like with all MAC products, the coloured end is similar enough to the colour and it does make it easy to pick it out of, say, a pot of liners. MAC Currant is described as an intense reddish purple, which I would say is true. Its a lot more purple toned than what I expected, and I initially bought this to go with Diva and it is not red toned enough to go with this lipstick if you want it to keep as true to its colour as possible. However with any dark berry, purple colour this would look amazing and be perfect. It has a very opaque colour pay off when I applied it too my lips, lining my lips was fine and I found that it went on very easily however when it came to filling them in I found it to be a little bit uneven and slightly harder to apply. The pigmentation as I said is amazing and very opaque, except needs a bit of work to get it completely even if your covering you whole lips. In the picture above it is only Currant over the lips, sorry that it looks slightly oddly shaped as I said I am no expert in applying lip liner and that is something which I need to work on.

Overall I would say that I do like the lip pencil, and next time I think I am going to go for a more nude or natural colour which I am sure I will get lots more wear out of. However whenever I need a dark lip liner this is one I can rely on. I am going to purchase more lip liners in the future and give them a go.

Have you tried this lip liner? What are your favourite lipstick and liner duos?



Follow

8 comments:

  1. Ohh it's way darker than I thought it would be...

    I love the essence lip liners! :) especially their 'berry me' one!!! :) I think that's what it's called. It's dark but bit too dark! I use it under every lipstick I own lol xp

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I never imagined it to be this dark! I haven't tried any essence lip liners I will give them a go xx

      Delete
  2. Although this look is darker than I'd usually go for, it looks stunning on you! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was darker than what I imagined it would be xx

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty shade, looks lovely on you! My fave MAC lip liner has to be Spice!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try spice so badly, next on my wishlist xx

      Delete
  4. I wish I had eyebrows like you!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins