Latest Instagrams
Sunday 26 April 2015

The Perfect Spring Red: MAC Barbecue

 I am a dark lip lover, however as much as I believe that you can make a dark lip work all year round. Spring is known for the slightly brighter, maybe slightly more light colours. This MAC lipstick has become the perfect spring red, only issue being its limited edition so if you want it you need to purchase it pretty quick!
As always my lipstick looks a bit weird, I promise I can actually apply lipstick it just always seems that in the photos I post it looks slightly odd, I am also fully aware that in the last picture I'm wearing no makeup except the lipstick and this is not how I left the house!

I already mentioned this in the post which I wrote on the whole collection, but personally I love the packaging. I love the effort they put into the limited edition packaging and the simplicity yet boldness of this design is my kinda thing. Barbecue is a vivid orange red, with a matte finish. If you want more clarity of MAC Lipstick finishes I've written a post explaining about them all. The pigmentation of this lipstick is amazing, and even thought it does have a matte finish it isn't dying and sits really nicely on the lips.

What makes this the perfect Spring, or Summer Red is the colour. The brightness makes it more suited to the warmer, brighter months as in the winter I tend to lean towards to deeper reds and burgundy lip colours. I love the orange undertones, and I know that I will be getting loads of wear out of this lipstick all year round but especially through the spring and summer.

What's your perfect Spring Red? What's your go to lipstick?
Follow

11 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures!! It seems like the perfect red for spring/summer!! xx

    thegirlybible.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shade looks gorgeous on you! I also have this lipstick and have yet to open the box and try it out! I also picked up MAC Opera from the collection. Lovely clear swatches

    EricaRosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to pick up a couple more after trying this one but they were all sold out xx

      Delete
  3. such a beautiful shade! Plus, the Toledo packaging is just stunning xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love the packaging so much xx

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing on you! There's something about super bright red lipsticks that just looks amazing on brunettes!

    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this is stunning! I love that it has that orange tint to it, I really need to pick up some more summer ready lipsticks, all mine are quite dark! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will have a post up with my summer lipstick picks so that might give you some inspiration xx

      Delete
  6. Oh God this is beautiful! I don't own anything quite this bright but I'll be on the look out now, it's gorgeous! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins