Latest Instagrams
Thursday 30 April 2015

Travel || Chiang Rai Thailand

How I wish I was back in Thailand right now. It's be so long since I posted a travel post, and there will be more coming very soon! This is what I would call the second part of the trip, where we began our travels up north.


We traveled from Bangkok up north to Chiang Rai. As much as I loved Bangkok, it was nice to get out of the city. It was slightly cooler in the north, but felt more traditional and you got more of a taste of the culture. The place we stayed was lovely, not too posh but really clean, the guy who ran it was also really nice and helpful offering us loads of advice. While in Chiang Rai we went for a cooking course, with Suwanne which was so much fun and I enjoyed learning to cook traditional Thai food. Although it was so spicy at times, something to look out for in Thailand! This is also where we met up with some friends, and drove on a little bit of a loop to visit an opium museum of all places, as well as a tea plantation, some traditional gardens and the Golden Triangle- which although was a landmark which I wanted to see wasn't all that impressive- I wasn't too sure what I was expecting with that one. Street food in Thailand is incredible, even though you don't know half the time what you are eating it tastes so good and in the whole two and a half week nobody got ill once from it all. There were some really cool bars around, and I would love to go back to Chiang Rai because we only spent a couple of nights there.

Have you ever traveled to Thailand? What's your favourite country you've ever been to?


Follow

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I want to travel around Thailand so badly, it's definitely next of the list. I went to Chinese in October an traveled around a few cities and it was such a memorable experience! I found the same with the food, ate at the markets and even tried the bugs on the sticks and never got sick. I think you just have to be sensible :)
    How did you find getting around Thailand? Did you rent a bike or get cabs?

    Danielle x
    www.dotabouttown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it if you get the chance, its such an amazing place! I really want to travel round China and more of Asia- it looks amazing. We mainly walked when we were in places like Bangkok and Chiang Rai, or got the local taxis/ buses. When we went from one part of the country to another we took one flight, and while travelling around the north took the local boats.
      xx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing. I love reading travel posts!

    Michelle
    michellegleaves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am going to be trying to do more on here in the future xx

      Delete

Latest pins