Latest Instagrams
Friday 10 April 2015

The Three Brush Smokey Eye

 Like most people each morning I want as many extra minutes in bed as I can get, also like most people I like my everyday makeup to be quick and simple with good effects. This is my go to everyday smokey eye, which involves one palette and three brushes. So hard to go wrong with, as well as something that you can easily take from day to night by building up the intensity.


White Blending Brush from Complexion Perfection, Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush and Base Shadow Brush- both from the Nics Picks Collection (review here). So these are my three brushes, all very affordable but basically its a blending brush, angled shadow brush/ crease brush and a simple flat eyeshadow brush. Using the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette which I have previously reviewed here, I start with Foxy, if you prefer a pinker slightly less obvious shade you could use W.O.S using the Base Shadow Brush I pack this on all over the lid. Then as a slight transition colour I use Naked 2 on my fluffy blending brush, through the crease just to blend out everything. It doesn't need to be too precise as it is quite light and just something to blend it all out with. If you prefer something slightly more simple and natural you could just leave it here. Personally I prefer something slightly deeper, so I use Faint on my Angled Shadow Brush just to define the crease a bit more and the outer corner. Then back with the blending brush, just to leave it looking all blended and smooth.

Super simple, and quick what are your top three brushes for a smokey eye?
Follow

4 comments:

  1. I recently ordered the Zoeva blending brush and im in love! Works perfect for a smokey eye x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I still haven't tried anything from Zoeva but am desperate too xx

      Delete
  2. Those brushes from Nics picks look really pretty! I wasnt able to get them when they released! Great post! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstickl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still available to buy, I got given mine recently and you can get them from Boots and Amazon online xx

      Delete

Latest pins