Latest Instagrams
Thursday 3 December 2015

Blogmas Day 3 || Achieving that Summer Glow All Year Round


I used to be obsessed with matte skin, but then I discovered highlighter and now I just want that gorgeous highlighted skin all year round. Today I thought that I would share with you some of my tips on how I achieve this all year round.


The most important thing is to keep hydrated, drink as much water as you would in the summer in the winter. The more water you drink the more hydrated you will be, and this will stop your skin from being dull and less radiant. Even if you have dry skin, this does not mean that your complexion needs to be dull in anyway it can still have that glow.
Keeping your skin moisturised is especially important, regardless of your skin type. Even if you have oily skin you need to moisturise, just make sure you use a moisturiser designed for your skin type. I moisturise in the morning and the evening, and like to use a hydrating face mask every now and again to try and keep my skin as hydrated as possible.
In terms of makeup, keeping it dewy, glowy and highlighted is my key to keeping that summer glow all year round. Although technically its not natural glow, but it gives the effect your looking for. The Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation is super dewy, really moisturising and perfect for winter especially if you have dry skin. MAC Face and Body is also really natural, and gives you that natural glow and is lightweight but buildable. Highlighting is going to bring that glow, MAC Oh, Darling! is the limited edition highlighter from this years holiday collection but any highlight which you love is sure the do the job. Topshop glow sticks, is a cream way to add some colour and glow back into your cheeks and are so easy to use. MAC Prep and Prime is a great way to top your skin up with hydration throughout the day if you find your skin drying out your makeup.
Another way to get your skin to have more of a natural, non made up face making sure you eat healthy foods such as super foods are a great way to improve your skins natural glowiness. Aloha has loads of recipes and inspriation for you to check out, http://www.aloha.com/shop/recipes and give some of them a go.
All and all, if you combine all of these tips you can keep your summer glow all through the winter! I love having glowy skin, so any tips which you may have please leave them below!
Follow

2 comments:

  1. I love MAC Soft & Gentle followed by a facial mist to get my glow on! Great post xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really need to try some super foods I have been trying to give my skin a better glow

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins