Latest Instagrams
Friday 27 February 2015

Beauty|| A Natural Deodorant?! Native Unearthed

 I have never tried anything like this before, but there has to be a first for everything and when Native Unearthed contacted me about trying out one of their natural deodorants* I accepted out of curiosity, I thought it would be good to try something new. You don't here much about natural beauty products, and so I thought it would be good to shine some light on them especially as I know a lot of people do use them.

So this is what they say about the Natural Deodorant*Native unearthed’s natural deodorants are made from naturally occurring crystal minerals sourced directly from the earth. Crystal mineral alum is a very unique and abundant ingredient, which is commemorated globally for its desirable qualities and undisputed effectiveness. Native Unearthed’s crystal deodorant has received recognition and certification from Cruelty Free International, The Vegan Society and PETA international. To add, we have also been awarded the Allergy Friendly product award by Allergy UK.

The directions for use are to moisten the tip and apply or alternatively apply to wet underarms, now this was the first thing which I wasn't quite prepared for, but thinking about it does make perfect sense. I had no idea that you would have to wet it, but looking back it seems pretty obvious otherwise how else would you apply it.

The deodorant is fragrence free, paraben free and alcohol free. Which means that nothing bad or unnatural should be going onto your skin which is always a plus. Some of the other benefits which are said on the website are: Conventional antiperspirants & deodorants contain aluminium which is a metal. These small molecules within the aluminium  are easily absorbed by the skin and can enter into the bloodstream. In comparison, our crystal mineral salts are compounds  containing molecules which are too large to be absorbed by the skin. Therefore,our crystal deodorant gives our customers the freedom to remain odour free without exposing them to the abundance of harsh chemicals which are commonly used to prevent body odour in conventional deodorants.

The first time I tried this deodorant I wasn't completely sold, obviously never using something like this it took a bit of getting used to but once I had applied it, I felt that it lasted all day and did the job. I have to say I didn't use this on a particularly active day, wasn't doing any sport or anything but just day to day tasks and it worked very well. Since then I have worked out how it works best with me and although I am not completely convinced I do like it. Especially as I feel like its good for your skin, as well as being cruelty free. 

Native Unearthed is a very new brand with more products launching in the near future, one of which I believe is a spray deodorant which may be more suited to me, I am still going to keep trying with this deodorant and I will update you all.

 This Deodorant is available to purchase for £5.49

Have you tried any Natural Deodorants? 
Follow

2 comments:

  1. Very interested in trying this after seeing so many people say how harmful deodorant can be. I think it'll be a lot to get used to with it having no scent though!

    Ciara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, I didn't realise how harmful they could be either xx

      Delete

Latest pins